I like to co-organise events on innovation, sustainability and inclusion in tech and business. Some events that I have helped set up over the past years:
- Breaking the Silos: Seeing Problems as Opportunities – October 25, 2023
- Breaking the Silos: Psychological Safety – June 15, 2023
- Breaking the Silos: Inclusion – February 28, 2023
- Breaking the Silos: Hybrid & Remote Work – October 26, 2022
- Breaking the Silos: Neurodiversity – June 28, 2022
- Industry 4.0 & DataOps – November 18, 2021
- Fintech & DataOps – February 25, 2021
- Mobility & DataOps – January 30, 2020
- Public Data & DataOps – October 24, 2019
- Open Data & DataOps – June 26, 2019
- Let’s talk about DataOps! – March 6, 2019
Podcasts and press
- De Pod op met… Dietrich Moerman (NL) – October 14, 2022
- Waarin zijn ADHD en softwaredevelopment gelijk: Dietrich Moerman (NL) – September 6, 2022
- Dietrich en Daphné organiseren gesprekken over leven met een diagnose én een job in de techwereld: “ASS of ADHD, dat is een stérkte” (NL) – June 21, 2022
Open Source software
As a long-term free software fanatic, I’ve developed free Open Source software since 2003.
That year, I founded the UseBB project and started developing forum software packages in PHP. The software was used for numerous online communities and websites across the globe, offered through 3rd party products such as Softaculous, and gathered a community of third-party contributors for modifications, translations, etc. UseBB stopped in 2013.
Over time I’ve contributed to other projects, mainly the popular Drupal CMS. I developed and contributed several modules for Drupal 6, 7 and 8 and contributed patches for bugs in various other modules.
Today I maintain Admirer, a command line utility to sync loved tracks between music services (Last.fm and Spotify). I’m also a sponsor of the Neovim project, building a next-generation version of the Vim text editor.